Badminton Smooth Drop Shot | Badminton Net Push Shot
Zhao Jianhua & Xiao Jie Badminton Training - Episode 13 (Mandarin with Chinese & English Subtitles)
Hosted by Former Badminton World Champion Zhao Jianhua & Badminton Coach Xiao Jie
Badminton Smooth Drop Shot (1:43)
Key points for executing an effective badminton smooth drop shot:
- Aim for a high contact point with the shuttle, in order to create the steepest trajectory.
- Many beginners make the mistake of executing the drop shot by slowing down their swing or using less force in their swing. They think that the shuttle will land closer to the net, hence more threatening to their opponent. While the shuttle may land closer to the net, the speed at which the shuttle travels will be too slow, giving the opponent plenty of time to reach the shuttle.
- Execute the swing at a fast speed. Perform a counter-clockwise downward slicing motion with the racket. At the moment of contact, slice the head of the shuttle with the face of the racket.
Related training videos: Chen Weihua Badminton Training - Smooth Drop Shot | Chen Weihua Badminton Training - Forehand Drop Shot
Badminton Net Push Shot (6:58)
Key points for executing an effective badminton net push shot:
- The net push shot is an offensive technique. It is important to distinguish the net push shot from the net lift, which is a defensive technique.
- Do not perform a large swing, as this results in a slow shuttle speed. Instead, extend the arm and racket as the shuttle approaches, then hit the shuttle by pronating the wrist quickly.
- Your grip should be loose at all times and only tightened at the moment of impact.
Email me when new badminton training videos are available! Subscribe Now