Doubles Tactics (1) Offensive and Defensive Formations in Badminton DoublesTags: Doubles/Mixed Doubles Beginner Intermediate Chen Weihua Chen Weihua Badminton Training
In this beginner/intermediate badminton doubles video, Coach Chen Weihua shows basic badminton doubles formations for offensive and defensive play. Playing doubles is not only about techniques and physical abilities, but also how well you and your partner work together. In later training videos, Coach Chen Weihua goes into badminton doubles strategies and tactics, but first we must understand positioning for the basic formations.
For badminton doubles offensive formation, one player is in the front and one player is in the back. The rear court player attacks from the back of the court, while the front court player is responsible for covering and controlling the net.For badminton doubles defensive formation, one player is on the left and the other on the right.Each player is responsible for defending their half of the badminton court. During actual play, partners rotate and transition into these formations depending on what is happening on the court.
During practice, imagine that there is rope attached to your waist and your partner's waist. When one player moves, the other should naturally follow. For example, if one player is returning a corner net shot, the partner should follow to help maximize court courage. The partners are linked by an invisible rope, pressing ahead together, retreating together, and moving laterally together.This is how partner chemistry is developed in badminton doubles."
- Next Episode: Doubles Tactics (2) Service and Service-Return Formations in Badminton Doubles
- Previous Episode: Shot Control Exercise (8) Attack-Defend Badminton Drills
- Badminton Doubles Defensive to Offensive Transition
- Badminton Mixed Doubles Positioning and Strategies
- Doubles Tactics (2) Service and Service-Return Formations in Badminton Doubles
- Badminton Doubles Rotation and Positioning | Defend Near-body Badminton Smashes | How to Cover the Badminton Net
- Backhand Low Serve Badminton Technique | Push/Net Kills in Badminton Doubles Play