How to Execute a Powerful Badminton Jump Smash!Tags: Smash/Jump Smash Intermediate Advanced Peter Rasmussen The Essentials of Badminton Technique
In this intermediate/advanced badminton training video, former 1997 Men's Single Badminton World Champion Peter Rasmussen shows the techniques for executing a perfect badminton jump smash. The badminton jump smash is the most powerful and dynamic shot in the game. The force generated from jumping adds more power to the smash. The jump creates a steeper smashing angle, further increasing the threat of the shot. The jump smash is usually performed at the rear court. Note that the further back you are, the less effective the jump smash will be. Also, it leaves you more exposed as a larger area of the court is open to the opponent. The most important part of the jump smash is that the power generated from the legs is transferred thru the hips, abdominals, chest, shoulder, arm, and finally into the racket. In the following training video, Coach Peter Rasmussen goes over the detailed techniques involved in order to execute a powerful badminton jump smash.
- Next Episode: Badminton Footwork Training Techniques
- Shot Control Exercise (1) Smash and Net Rush Badminton Drill
- Practice Tips for Achieving Ideal Contact Points for Smash, Drops, and Clear Shots
- Badminton Doubles Rotation and Positioning | Defend Near-body Badminton Smashes | How to Cover the Badminton Net
- Backcourt Skill (6) Badminton Jump Smash
- Backcourt Skill (5) Badminton Smash