Doubles Tactics (3) Badminton Doubles Strategies for AttackingTags: Doubles/Mixed Doubles Intermediate Advanced Chen Weihua Chen Weihua Badminton Training
In this intermediate/advanced badminton doubles video, Coach Chen Weihua shows basic badminton doubles strategies for attacking. A well coordinated offensive attack can create a lot of pressure for the opposing team leading to winning badminton doubles plays. A common confusion on how to play badminton doubles is figuring out which player plays the forecourt and which player plays the backcourt. There is no fixed rule on this, but generally speaking, the backcourt doubles player is usually the taller of the two. A taller player has the advantage of hitting a steeper badminton smash which, of course, is more threatening.Hence, the backcourt doubles player usually possesses stronger attacking abilities.
Inversely, the forecourt badminton doubles player is the shorter of the two as height is not as important near the net.Having a taller player in the front may actually obstruct the partner's view.A good forecourt doubles player creates attacking opportunities for their partner.Therefore, they must have a good sense of shuttle control and a solid mastery of badminton basics.
One of the basic tactics in badminton doubles is to strategically rotate the weaker opponent to the backcourt and the stronger opponent to the forecourt. This strategy essentially plays on the opponent's weaknesses. To counter, the opponent must find ways to rotate back to their strong formation.Therefore, in badminton doubles play, you must use your team's strengths and weaknesses to adapt to the changes on the court and strategize ways to defeat your opponents.
- Next Episode: Doubles Tactics (4) Badminton Doubles Strategies for Defending
- Previous Episode: Doubles Tactics (2) Service and Service-Return Formations in Badminton Doubles
- Badminton Mixed Doubles Basic Rotation Tactics
- Backhand Low Serve Badminton Technique | Push/Net Kills in Badminton Doubles Play
- Doubles Tactics (4) Badminton Doubles Strategies for Defending
- Badminton Doubles Rotation and Positioning | Defend Near-body Badminton Smashes | How to Cover the Badminton Net
- Badminton Mixed Doubles Positioning and Strategies